6.07.2013

Day 5 - Feeling Good

Larger Front




A Quick Recap:

Days 2 and 3 of the Tracy Anderson Method- Omnicentric were pretty rough. The dance cardio and transform workouts are difficult. I think I'm getting better at the dance cardio and I'm starting to enjoy it more. The transform video has a lot of reps. It's a bit insane. My only complaint is that I wish Tracy voiced the change to the the next exercise. Sometimes you're paying so much attention to doing the move correctly that you aren't watching the video and you don't know when she switched. You definitely sweat a lot during these workouts.

Days 4 and 5 - I feel really good. I stepped on the scale this morning and I've already lost 5 lbs. Not sure how much of that is water weight but I'll take it. The food is super labor intensive for this "Nutrient Boost Week." I have used every kitchen appliance in my arsenal. My dishwasher runs almost every night - top rack overloaded. We did have to purchase a juicer but it's pretty awesome. The food is delicious- but slightly baby food-ish. I really haven't been missing carbs or dairy like I thought I would. This one recipe has been my savior in not making me feel deprived:

Chocolate Pudding:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 TB peeled and cooked chestnuts (I used Melissa's found at Wegman's)
1 TB unsweetened cocoa powder
4 whole pitted dates
2 TB unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup water

Directions:
Melt the chocolate chips slowly in a double boiler. Puree the rest of the ingredients (except the water) - I used my food processer.  Add the chocolate and pulse until all the ingredients are combined. Add the water and check the consistency - it should be soupy. Divide mixture into two ramekins and put in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or longer. It thickens as it cools.

Makes two 4 oz. servings.

It's seriously good. Even the hubby liked it.

Right now I'm feeling super motivated to keep this going for the full 30 days. I'm looking forward to next week's "Body Reset Week." I'm a little concerned I might be hungry but I get a break in the kitchen. The prep work is minimal. Wish me luck! Is anyone else starting a new diet/workout plan?

LKF

2 comments:

  1. I'm upping the workouts and counting calories using the free Sparkpeople website. We will see how it goes. Last night I had a fail moment. My post tomorrow is about me getting back into running. Yea. One word for that. Ouch. Good luck to you. Seems like you are on a roll! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm working really hard and it hasn't been easy. Hopefully it will all be worth it in 30 days and I will see results. Then I can decide how I want to move forward with my diet and work out routine. Good luck getting back into running!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving kind comments only (they make me giddy)!