3.23.2012

Book Review: The Paris Wife


I just finished reading The Paris Wife: A Novel by Paula McLain for the Baltimore book club I'm in. I think I particularly enjoyed it because I just saw the Midnight in Paris movie and the Hubby and I went to Key West last summer and visited Hemingway's home there. Our tour guide was absolutely fantastic so you should check it out the next time you go. I really loved Key West and can't wait to go back!

Back to the book- I really like how the author describes the time period. I am just fascinated by all of the brilliant artists living in Paris at the same time and how their paths crossed. The book has made me want to read Ernest Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises and A Moveable Feast and some books by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Maybe now that I'm older I can appreciate the classics. I've been building my "to read" list on Goodreads. What great books have you read lately?

P.S. I will be adding pictures from our Hemingway Home tour later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving kind comments only (they make me giddy)!