3.30.2011

Let me introduce you to Karl...



The Hubby and I are getting a new couch for our Bmore apartment. The couch we have now is a hand-me-down from my parents and it has seen some better days. We want to put the old couch in the second bedroom/office to create a comfortable study zone for the Hubby.

We inititally talked about getting a standard sofa for the living room. However, the space is pretty large and we could use additional seating for when we have friends and family over. Then the idea for a sofa and love seat combo came to be. But then we couldn't find any combos that we both loved and that met all of our guidelines. We need our future sofa to be dog friendly since Bleu will think it's fair game to sleep on. Therefore, a washable slip cover would be preferable (no more worrying about spills); especially since we plan to start a family someday. We also don't want to spend an arm and a leg considering there are other aspects of the apartment that will need to get furnished as well. So we decided a trip to IKEA was in order to check out the sofas and sectionals available. Ultimately we decided the new apartment could handle a sectional in the spacious living room and maybe even a chair or two. Which brings us to Karl...

We fell in love with the Karlstad Corner Sofa (shown above) in the "Linneryd natural" fabric. The Karl is approximately $999 and comes with a ten year warranty. Replacement slip covers are available for Karl - Score! Karl's only downfall is that I'm not a big fan of his birch colored feet. IKEA offers aluminum leg replacements but that is a bit too modern for our style. So we are thinking of either sanding Karl's feet down and staining them or spray painting them a dark brown. By we, I mean my handsome handyman Hubby. Check out the post from Young House Love on what they did with the feet on their Karl. I love it!

Now I just need to save up for the Pottery Barn Decorative Pillows I've been eyeing up...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving kind comments only (they make me giddy)!