6.13.2013

Day 11 - Tracy Anderson Method



Current Stats:

Day: 11 (almost at the halfway mark!)
Down: 8 lbs

Week 2 of the Tracy Anderson Method - Metamorphosis Omnicentric was a lot easier than week 1. I have a lot more energy and I'm feeling very motivated. I still need to buy cross trainers. I slip too much in my running shoes and I'm getting blisters from the side to side movements. I'm thinking these from Nike. I'd prefer to get Under Armour cross trainers to support a local business and a fellow UMD alum but I don't see any on the website. I might check out their new store location in Harbor East this weekend.

Here are some updates on the 3 elements of the Tracy Anderson Method:

Transform DVD: I'm wrapping up my first "Transform 1" dvd today and will be starting "Transform 2" tomorrow. I'm curious to see what the next muscle exhaustion series will entail.

Dance Cardio DVD:  I've actually started looking forward to Dance Cardio. I really like that Tracy doesn't make you memorize a dance routine. It's a lot easier to follow for someone as uncoordinated as myself. I'm definitely getting better at all the moves and that is making it more fun. Geez- I never thought I would say any exercise routine was fun!

Food Plan: I was concerned last week about this week's "Body Reset" plan. It did not seem like enough food to me. I thought I would be starving every day. So far I have not had that problem. The only issue I found was in buying the ThinkThin Bars, Kashi Go Lean Crunchy Bar (discontinued), or the Kashi Go Lean Roll (also discontinued).  I couldn't find the ThinkThink Bars in Giant. A friend told me later in the week to check Whole Foods. I might just order them off of Amazon for week 4. Tracy states you can substitute an under 200 calorie bar with more than 15 grams of protien. That was difficult to find so I've been eating 1.5 South Beach Diet Good to Go Bars. There was minimal prep work for food this week which was a much needed break. Next week is another "Nutrient Boost" week so our fridge will be jam-packed again. I am looking forward to trying some of the other recipes. I haven't found one I haven't liked so far! Also, I've found that I don't miss coffee or diet sodas. I do miss beer though. Dinners on the weekends have been tough. I've been doing my best to stick to the plan during the day and then trying to stick to 1-3 glasses of wine and no carbs/dairy at dinner. So far I've only had three "cheat" dinners which couldn't be avoided. This weekend will be tough again with a friend's wedding shower and a Father's Day dinner. Wish me luck!

How's your work out routine?

LKF

1 comment:

  1. I am really impressed with your writing skills
    and also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid
    theme or did you modify it yourself? Either ways, keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a
    nice blog like this one these days.I also write on entertainment topics. lease visit my links below and tell if you find them interesting;

    https://www.authenticcounterfeit.com
    http://counterfeitmoneyonline.net
    http://billsnbills.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving kind comments only (they make me giddy)!